Welcome to the Synthetix system documentation. These pages contain a description of how Synthetix operates; provided are high-level discussions of the system mechanics, as well as thorough technical specifications of the smart contract architecture and API. We hope this assists users and developers to understand the system, and to build on top of it.
- Litepaper: The Synthetix Litepaper has a detailed overview of how the Synthetix protocol functions.
- Community Page: The online community has built an excellent site with a large backlog of resources, explanations, and links that is perfect for any newcomers.
- Official Blog: Stay up-to-date with all official news from the team at the Synthetix blog.
- SIPs (Synthetix Improvement Proposals): The Synthetix ecosystem is managed by a core team, with suggestions and improvements from the community in the form of Synthetix Improvement Proposals (SIPs) and Synthetix Configuration Change Proposal (SCCPs). Past and present SIPs and SCCPs are hosted on https://sips.synthetix.io. To suggest a new SIPs, create an issue on the SIPs repo.
- Code: Open source repositories are available @synthetixio; the main Synthetix repo is synthetixio/synthetix.
- Smart Contracts: The latest list of deployed addresses and ABIs can be found via addresses
- Smart Contract API: Descriptions of all Synthetix smart contracts, their APIs, and a listing of deployed instances can be found here.
- Libraries: For various methods to connect to Synthetix to read the current state from, transact onto or query for historical data, look at our libraries section.
- Synthetix.Exchange: Synthetix Exchange allows users to trade synths, and to buy sUSD with ether. Synthetix.Exchange has also played host to trading competitions offering SNX prizes to the most successful participants. The source code for Synthetix.Exchange can be found at synthetixio/synthetix-exchange. A twitter bot that reports statistics for the exchange posts daily at @SynthXBot.
- Mintr: Mintr is a dApp for SNX holders to participate in the Synthetix Network. Using Mintr, users can mint and burn Synths, monitor their collateralisation levels, buy and sell sUSD through the Depot, claim their staking rewards, and vest any SNX they have accrued from the token sale or by staking. The source code for Mintr can be found at synthetixio/synthetix-mintr.
- Synthetix Dashboard: Provides an overview of the status of the Synthetix system including price, token supply, exchange volume, fee pool size, open interest, and current collateralisation levels. The dashboard also provides listings of exchanges where SNX and sUSD are traded. The dashboard is available at https://dashboard.synthetix.io.
See the Integrations section
Get In Touch¶
- Chat: If you’re looking for somewhere to talk with the Synthetix team or with other developers about Synthetix, please visit our Discord or /r/synthetix_io on reddit.
- Read: For updates, announcements, and information, check out our blog at https://blog.synthetix.io/, @synthetix_io on Twitter, or our Telegram channel.
- Email: Otherwise you can contact us by email.